Individuals and families secure and maintain safe, affordable, and energy-efficient housing. The Housing Options Pathway leads to a safe and affordable home.
|(Click to watch video)|
Customer Impacts (fiscal year 2016-2017)
- Of the 194 participants seeking to maintain safe and affordable housing, 107 were able to through STEP’s Housing Options
- 192 of the 335 households seeking assistance for utilities
were provided services through STEP’s Utilities Assistance programs. An additional 333 customers obtained a utility security deposit waiver.
- 21 families removed handicap-accessibility barriers, code deficiencies, and/or safety issues, at an average of $15,087 per home.
- 148 households were weatherized for social benefits (employment, home quality, economic stimulation, reduced uncollected debt, improved heath and safety) of $501,072 and $660,896 in energyrelated savings.
- 339 energy efficiency kits with a value of $33,900 were distributed to help customers reduce their energy consumtption.
- Approximately $1,420,350 leveraged by PPL & UGI for utilities assistance.
Nicole L. recently purchased her first home for her family. After two years of participation in the Family Savings Program, in which she participated in the pre-purchase workshops and budget counseling, she leveraged matched funds of $2000 to increase her buying ability.