Senior citizens and persons with disabilities maintain their independence and self-reliance, and continue to participate in community activities. The Independent Living Pathway leads to dignity and choices throughout life.
|(Click to watch video)|
Customer Impacts (fiscal year 2015-16)
- 5,472 senior citizens were provided services through STEP Office of Aging.
- 4,711 individuals with disabilities were provided services through STEP’s programs.
- 1,536 senior citizens received food assistance through STEP Office of Aging Meals on Wheels.
- STEP’Office of Aging's AARP Tax Assistance Program filed 717 Federal Tax returns, 696 State Tax returns, 256 Earned Income Tax returns, 302 Property Tax refunds, and 39 Rent Rebates for senior citizens.
- 17 Ombudsmen volunteers visited 32 facilities on a regular basis to assist residents with resolving complaints.
NEW! Healthy Aging through Local Harvest is coming to a Center for Healthy Aging near you!
To view the brochure, Click Here!
STEP Office of Aging
Judy Elliott, former college professor who retired early due to health matters, recently sent a letter to Office of Aging director Fred Shrimp. A participant and volunteer at the Clinton County Senior Community Center in Lock Haven, Judy wrote…. “I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy and appreciate the Center. I started with Tai Chi, then added Healthy Steps, then Use Your Noodle. We started a knitting group and then started a Zentangle-inspired art group. Now we are doing the Healthy Aging through Local Harvest program, and I am the runner for a Meals on Wheels route on Fridays. I have such a nice group of friends there (at the Center). The Center has provided me with new activities, new friends and renewed purpose. I look forward to my continued involvement.”
Customer, MW, called to express her appreciation. “I am happy with all office staff - really satisfied. You all go above and beyond your jobs to satisfy customers. The Drivers are great, also. I am happy with the Transportation program. I just wanted to say thank you. I feel very blessed.”