STEP Head Start is recruiting for the 2018/2019 program year!
High-quality early learning experiences provided by skilled professionals, in partnership with parents and communities, prepare children for success in school and in life. The Early Learning Pathway leads to success in school and life.
|(Click to watch video)|
|Child Development & Early
Customer Impacts (fiscal year 2017-18)
- 934 children participated in preschool activities to develop school readiness skills.
- 903 parents and other adults have learned and now exhibit improved parenting skills.
- 169 children with disabilities or who required special services were enrolled.
- 736 infants and children obtained age-appropriate immunizations and medical and dental care.
- 505 children received dental exams.
- 124 children were in need of dental treatments; 86 received treatment.
- 519 family partnerships were established with caregivers.
Do you have an infant or pre-school aged child in your home? Do you live in Lycoming County? Then please take advantage of this free service: Ready Rosie!
To view STEP Head Start's most recent Annual Report, Click Here.
All children enrolled in STEP Head Start have their vision screened annually by our Family Advocates and Home Visitors using our vision spot screeners. Our vision screeners have been very successful at identifying children's vision concerns. STEP Head Start has screened 701 preschool and Early Head Start children's vision this year. 93 children were referred to an eye professional for follow-up, 51 children have been prescribed glasses, 1 child is receiving patch therapy, and 7 children are being monitored by eye specialists and have follow-up appointments. As a result of STEP Head Start's Mobile Dentist program, 116 children were seen by a dentist for examination, cleaning, and x-rays. 32 children required restorative care from a pediatric dentist.
STEP is an equal opportunity USDA provider