Early Learning Resource Center
In partnership with STEP, Inc., the Pennsylvania Office of Child Development and Early Learning’s Early Learning Resource Center Region 7 serves Lycoming, Clinton, and Tioga counties.
PARENTS & PROVIDERS: Please complete the Community Needs Assessment survey appropriate for your residence/child care facility: Tioga County child care providers; Lycoming County residents; Clinton County residents.
What is an Early Learning Resource Center?
An Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) is a partner with the PA Office of Child Development and Early Learning. The ELRC provides quality supports for early learning programs and helps families access high quality early learning programs.
Who can use the Early Learning Resource Center?
Anyone can use the services of the ELRC! The ELRC offers services for families, early learning professionals and community members. Contact your ELRC to find services to help you.
- Help you find the best child care for your child.
- Connect you to services, like Child Care Works that helps pay for child care.
- Share information and supports for early learning programs, like PA Pre-K Counts, Head Start and Early Intervention.
Quality Child Care Means:
- Your child is safe and secure while you are at school or work.
- Your child’s teachers support and challenge your child to explore and learn new things.
- Your child learns skills needed for kindergarten.
- You and your child feel supported.
ELRCs Reduce Barriers and Challenges By:
- Making sure eligible services are easily accessible and in one place for families and providers.
- Helping communities plan and layer early care and education resources.
- Simplifying the process of managing early care and education resources and support.
How Can An ELRC Help Child Care Providers?
- Provide support through Quality Coaches to help you achieve Keystone STAR 3 and 4 status.
- Assist in building connections with community partners.
- Support children and families in accessing additional services.
Links for parents: COMPASS - Apply for subsidy, find an early care and education provider, and more.
- 1,232 children were enrolled in a child care facility with a level three or four Keystone STARS rating.
- 72 child care providers obtained or kept a STAR designation.
- 13 Merit Awards were issued to Child Care Providers through ELRC.