Do you live in Lycoming County and need rental or utility assistance?
Renters in need of assistance can apply for a new program beginning Monday, March 8. For Lycoming County residents, the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) will be administered by Lycoming-Clinton Counties Commission for Community Action (STEP), Inc.
Eligible renters must be obligated to pay rent on a residential dwelling. STEP will confirm the following: 1) one or more individuals has qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced income reduction or other hardship directly or indirectly due to the COVID-19 outbreak; 2) one or more household members can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; and 3) the household is at or below 80% of the area median income (AMI). See table below for income levels.
Priority will be given to households meeting the following criteria:1) income not exceeding 50% of the AMI, or $22,750 for a single person household; 2) one or more household members are unemployed as of the date of the application and have not been employed for the 90 days preceding that date; and 3) have not previously received duplicative federally funded rental assistance.
Assistance can be provided for the following:
- Eligible households with full payment of rental arrears for up to 12-months for past due rent that have been accrued after March 13, 2020. Payments will be made directly to eligible landlords.
- Eligible households can apply for prospective rent payments up to three months at a time and must resubmit eligibility determination information every three months for up to 12-months. Payments will be made directly to eligible landlords. Total assistance for rent payments may not exceed 12 months total.
- Eligible households can apply for utility and home energy costs not already included in rent payment. Both past due payments and current payments are eligible. Payments will be provided directly to the utility providers. Utilities include separately stated electricity, gas, water, sewer, trash removal, and energy costs, such as fuel oil, and propane. Copies of all past due bills are required.
For questions specific to the application process, ERAP staff can be reached at LycoRent@stepcorp.org or 570.601.9505. General questions can be directed to the main STEP number, 570.326.0587. Eligibility determination will not occur until all required documents are received.
|Size of Household||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|50% of AMI||$22,750||$26,000||$29,250||$32,450||$35,050||$37,650||$40,250||$42,850|
|80% of AMI||$36,350||$41,550||$46,750||$51,900||$56,100||$60,250||$64,400||$68,550|
Incomplete applications will be delayed in processing. The online application will allow you to upload documentation. Please make sure you have addressed all of the following:
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program Application
- STEP Service Assessment Questionnaire
- Appeal Process Form
- Copy of Signed Lease
- Tenant Certification Form
- Landlord Certification Form
- Copy of Identification, such as Drivers’ License
- Copy of All Past Due Utility Bills being Requested
- Eviction Notice, if have one
- Proof of Total Gross Income for each adult in household.
This certification and attached W9 and 1099 forms must be completed by the landlord for the application to be complete.