Purpose – STEP Transportation provides demand responsive transportation services to the residents and visitors of Lycoming and Clinton Counties
Vision – Our vision is to provide safe, dependable, and timely transportation services
Program Overview – STEP Transportation services operate Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., except on STEP-observed holidays and are available to anyone living in or visiting Lycoming and Clinton counties.
Transportation is available to travel anywhere within the service area consisting of the following counties: Lycoming, Clinton, Centre, Union, Northumberland, Columbia, Snyder, and Montour.
Transportation is available to Geisinger Medical Center (GMC) in Danville three times per day. Riders Riders should not schedule appointments before 8:30 AM and ensure the appointment will be done by 3:30 PM for the return trip from GMC.
- The first drop off is approximately 8:30 AM.
- The second drop off/return is approximately 12:00 PM.
- The final return for the day is approximately 4:00 PM.
Transportation is also available to K&C Dentures in Lamar on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Transportation fares per one-way trip are based on ride sponsorships and a zone-based, miles-driven fare structure. Refer to the fares and sponsorship information for more information.
Consumers must reserve their ride before noon of the preceding business day. Some consumers may be eligible for enrollment in transportation sponsoring programs, which make fares reasonable. Examples of sponsoring possibilities includes: Persons with Disabilities (PwD), Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP), Area Agency on Aging(AAA), Lottery, and The Employment Transportation Program.
STEP Transportation also provides safe and accessible transportation for Head Start students for classroom and field trip activities.
Benchmarks of Success
- Senior citizens, Persons with Disabilities, and other individuals maintain their health and independence by utilizing shared-ride transportation.
- Employed persons seeking transportation assistance to and from employment obtain access to reliable transportation.
- Preschool children and their families are connected to school readiness activities through safe and accessible transportation to early education activities.
|Medical Assistance Transportation-sponsored trip||No Charge|
|Age 60-64 STEP Office of Aging-sponsored trip||Refer to Fare Structure|
|Age 65 and older STEP Office of Aging-sponsored trip||No Charge|
|General Public and Third Party-sponsored trip||Refer to Fare Structure|
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)- sponsored trips
Lottery Shared-Ride (65 and older but not Office of Aging-sponsored)
Age 60-64 STEP Office of Aging-sponsored trip
|0 to less than 5||$18.30||$4.00||$2.75||$1.00|
|5 to less than 10||$20.00||$4.00||$3.00||$2.00|
|10 to less than 15||$25.00||$4.00||$3.75||$3.00|
|15 to less than 25||$30.00||$4.50||$4.50||$4.00|
|25 to less than 35||$45.00||$6.75||$6.75||$5.00|
|35 and greater||$50.00||$7.50||$7.50||$6.00|
Do you want to learn more?
Download our brochures and start the application process here! For more information, call STEP at (570) 326-0587.
The application can be returned and emailed to email@example.com or printed and mailed to STEP Transportation, 2138 Lincoln Street, Williamsport PA 17701.
- 3,785 adults age 65+ and 1,198 individuals with disabilities maintained independent living situations.
- 3,098 individuals registered for STEP Transportation maintained their independence by receiving rides to medical appointments, work, and other activities.